Oftentimes, skilled nursing care is not thought of until an aging parent, spouse or family member needs more help than a caregiver is able to provide.
The ACMH Skilled Nursing Unit is a licensed, Medicare-certified skilled facility, inspected and regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The unit offers short-term care for those needing rehabilitation services that are too complex to be tended to at home.
For more information, please call 724-543-8215.
Skilled nursing care involves trained professionals performing services that are needed temporarily due to injury or illness, including:
- A nurse attending to post-operative wounds or dispensing/monitoring intravenous medication
- A physical therapist working with a patient to rectify strength and balance issues
- A speec therapist assisting a patient in reclaiming their ability to communicate following a stroke
- An occupational therapist helping a patient to become independent again, particularly when it comes to eating, dressing and personal hygiene
The ACMH Skilled Nursing Unit is located on the 2nd Floor of the hospital, providing immediate access to comprehensive hospital services in the event they are needed. The unit also provides the following:
- Meal and dietary counseling
- Pharmaceutical, lab and radiology services
- Social and educational activities
- Laundry services
- Small staff-to-patient ratio
- 24-hour hospitalist coverage
- Visiting hours at any time